Last updated: 1 February 2024
This email and any attachments are confidential and may be legally privileged in which case neither is intended to be waived or lost by mistaken delivery to you.
If you are not the intended recipient, please delete without copying and advise us by e-mail of the mistake in delivery. Copyright BGT Structures Ltd.
BGT Structures promotes a sustainable environment. Please consider the environment before printing this email.
1.1 To ensure that BGT meets its legal requirements under the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (the Act) when dealing with personal information.
1.2 This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
2.1 This policy applies to all employees, contractors, visitors, and clients of BGT.
2.2 This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
3 WHO DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM?
3.1 We collect personal information about you from:
- You, when you provide that personal information to us, including via our website and any related service, when you apply to work for us, through any contact with us (eg. telephone call, email) or when you use our services. Personal information includes general information such as your name, contact details (including email and phone number), billing address and billing information. Also, where relevant, information about your health, accessibility requirements or dietary needs.
- Third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
3.2 If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
4 HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
4.1 We will use your personal information:
- To verify your identity
- To provide you with our services and information and to maintain and develop our business relationship with you
- To market our services to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g by text or email for this purpose);
- To improve or update the services that we provide to you
- For employment related purposes such as:
- to undertake pre-employment checks of you, for example, your work history, academic record, and any relevant records or information such as criminal records, visa information, and practising certificates. This may include collecting information from third parties such as your previous employer, referees, recruitment agencies, government departments or educational institutions, but only where you have agreed to such collection; and
- to contact you outside of work hours for valid reasons such as in the case of an emergency.
- To bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions;
- To respond to communications from you, including a complaint;
- To protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim;
- For any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
5 DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
5.1 We may disclose your personal information to:
- Any business that supports our services, for example, any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services, another engineering consultancy, or your bank during the process of billing.
- A credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you;
- Police, Ministry of Justice, or other party for pre-employment checks;
- A person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority such as ENZ or ACENZ);
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency);
- any other person authorised by you.
5.2 A business that supports our services may be located outside New Zealand. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is treated securely, and the means of transfer provides adequate safeguards, in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020.
6 PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
6.1 We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
7 ACCESSING OR CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
7.1 Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
7.2 If you make a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
7.3 If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email our Privacy Officer firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting). We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
8 INTERNET USE
8.2 BGT also collects your IP address. An IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer when you use the internet. The IP address data that we collect does not contain any personally identifiable information about you and is used to administer our site, to determine the numbers of different visitors to the site and to gather broad demographic data.
8.3 While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of the information is at your own risk.